You are unemployed. Make sure this thought doesn’t kill your precious time. As a graduate what would you like to do till you find a job for yourself? Here are few things that I am doing/did and suggest you guys to do with two intentions.
- You can earn knowledge – knowledge is wealth.
- These things add to your resume – Resume is the first step to your job.
The list of thing what you can do till you find a job for yourself.
- Do some courses of your Interest.
- Think of becoming an Entrepreneur.
Do some courses of your Interest
As a Student you would have not studies much on the line of your interest. There are lots of open source courses which provide course completion certification as well for free which can be taken complete advantage. As mentioned earlier Knowledge is wealth , Improve your present knowledge, work on them sincerely.
- edX is a platform which was launched in fall 2012 by Massachusetts institute of technology and Harvard university. You can check out all sorts of courses from different interests and backgrounds.
- Coursera is platform started by Andrew Ng and Daphne koller, Computer science professors from Stanford University. This is another place which gives you have lots and lots of courses for free. You can check for almost all possible backgrounds, lectured by very good universities.
- Udacity is one more such platform which mainly gives courses on computer science and programming interests.
Every courses have forums which is really good place to meet a lot of people and get to know about where you stand in this world? there are study groups where you can interact with people, meetups which is a very good place to talk to many geeks and learn from them. Get involved in the forums, Answer the question if you can or at least make sure you ask question to clarify your doubts.
Think of Becoming an Entrepreneur
“No one gave me a job, So I created a job for myself ” I have heard this Quote which is inspiring. Being an Entrepreneur is something what everyone dreams and only few start and succeed. Being an Entrepreneur doesn’t mean you really need to invest a handsome money from your dad’s pocket and start an office, you can start with a computer in your had. Here are possible option which I have found.
- Be an App Developer:
If you have a programming skills and little passion to program I think you can start programming a small applications for Cell phone, tablets.You need SDK (Software Development Kit) and a computer to start working on your own. You never know what people like, may be your application can be next Angry bird or next whatsapp application.
See this video of a 14 years prodigy Programmer This should be your inspiration to start your work.
May be you may fail, your application may not be successfully completed, But with the failure you would have got an experience of programming which would be surely helpful in some way in future.
- Become a Professional Blogger :
Amit Agarwal should be the best source of inspiration for becoming a Professional Blogger for Indians. You need to put your knowledge into web and present it in a decent way. This doesn’t need a huge investment. There are many websites and blogs which may guide you to start writing blogs but I would recommend Bloggingcube because I have been a regular reader of this blog and has inspired me to start doing it.
“ If you can dream, You can make them come true”